Currently only Windows Server 2016 is supported officially as hosting operating system.
Currently only IIS hosting is supported. Container hosting (using Docker) is planned. For IIS hosting the following is required:
- A server with Windows Server 2016
- The Web Server (IIS) role should be enabled
- The .NET Core Windows Server Hosting bundle installed in IIS (instructions here)
- A database in SQL Server 2016 with mixed mode authentication enabled
As Scifeon is using ASP.NET Core under the hood, Linux is in principle also supported as host. Instructions and requirements for Linux are currently not available.
The resource requirements for Scifeon are minimal, but the server on which you host Scifeon must have sufficient resources to run IIS and the database server. If you are using a remote database server the requirements might be lower.
We recommend the following resources as the minimum for running Scifeon:
- Processor: a high-performing CPU such as an Intel i7 Quad Core or similar
- Memory: 4GB or more
- Disk space: 10GB free space or more (this depends on how you choose to host attached files)