On this page you can find everything needed to get up and running with your first app developed for Scifeon.
Before you begin
To complete this tutorial, you'll need the following:
- Your favourite IDE or text editor - we recommend Visual Studio Code
- Port 5000 free on your system
- Git for versioning code
- The Scifeon CLI tool
Setting up your development environment
1. Install NodeJS
- Download NodeJS - we recommend the latest version, but LTS will suffice
- Install NodeJS on your computer
- Verify that NodeJS and NPM has been installed by opening a Command Prompt (+R, type
Enter) and enter
npm -v. You should see something similar to this:
2. Install the Scifeon CLI
- Open a Command Prompt (on Windows: +R, type
Enter) and type
npm install @scifeon/sdk -gand press
- Verify that Scifeon CLI is install by entering
scifeon-cli -v. You should see something similar to this:
For further reference, see the documentation for Scifeon CLI.
3. Install Git and VSCode
Go to the links found above and install Git and VSCode.
Next step: Create your first app
You are now ready to start developing your first app: Click here to learn how to create and run your first App!